With the current state of the world, strong bonds between like minded individuals and groups are vital to making things better for ourselves and our children.
A strong bond is exactly how one could describe the partnership between Alegre and the Dominican foundation, Cultura Viva. Both organizations have a singular mission: to uplift the Dominican people and both organizations spend all of their time establishing ways to do just that.
After unanimous approval as of August 31st, Alegre’s Board of Directors have greenlit another 4 months of financial support to Cultura Viva!
This funding will ensure Cultura Viva Foundation’s vital work can continue through the end of 2020.
Work such as:
- Bringing food to hungry families.
- Putting on educational and entertainment events for underprivileged children.
- Funding music education for Dominican youth.
- Developing a nationwide Telemedicine service.
- Helping to establish a top of the line medical facility on the North coast of the DR.
Since 2019 Alegre’s partnership with Cultura Viva has impacted over 20,000 Dominican lives, and with this newest grant given, that partnership will no doubt help thousands more!